Tattoo Removal 411 is the premiere resource for finding
tattoo removal specialists in El Paso, TX.
We provide a directory of specialists in El Paso, Texas
specializing in tattoo removal procedures such as Laser
Tattoo Removal, Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL), Excision
and Dermabrasion. If you have questions regarding
tattoo removal or just want to learn more about the procedure,
we invite you to contact one of our doctors for a private
Because this is a medical procedure, make sure to see a dermatologic surgeon who specializes in tattoo removal. Check with the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery or the American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons for a referral or ask your own doctor for the name of a specialist in your area.
For those who decide on having a tattoo removed, the first
step is to find a qualified specialist who will perform the
During the consultation, the doctor and the patient discuss issues such as the patient's reasons for wanting the tattoo removed and the various options available for the procedure. This visit gives the doctor a chance to view the tattoo and evaluate the options. The removal procedure will be discussed in detail, as well as the risks, limitations, and benefits. If the tattoo removal involves several sessions, the treatment plan will include details on how long each session takes, and how often the patient should return for following visits, and how long the entire treatment process will take.
The following questions should help you to select your doctor, and better understand the procedure.
- Are the desired results I described realistic?
- How should I prepare my skin for the treatment?
- Where is the procedure performed? How long will the procedure take?
- Are there other procedures that I should consider to enhance the affects of laser removal?
- How much does the procedure cost?
- What is your experience in performing this procedure? (How long has he/she performed this procedure, and how many he/she has performed in the past year?)
- What percentages of patients have had significant complications? (The physician should disclose this information to you.)
- Will you repeat or correct procedures if it does not meet agreed upon goals? And if the procedure must be repeated / corrected, will I be charged again? (The physician should provide you with his/her policy on this issue.)
- May I see "before and after" photos of recent patients? The physician should provide many photos of recent patients.
- May I have the names and contact information for several recent laser treatment patients? (Follow up to get first-hand information on the procedure and the doctor.)
- Could I observe the exact procedure I am considering before I decide to have the procedure performed? (Either on videotape or live.)
- What should I expect post-operatively, in terms of soreness, what to watch for, medication, bathing, and level of activity? Ask if your doctor has a list of activities that you should avoid.
- Who will be assisting during the procedure? What are their qualifications? (Does the doctor perform the entire procedure?)
- Have you ever had your malpractice insurance coverage denied, revoked, suspended?
- Do you have privileges to perform laser treatment at an accredited hospital?
- Do you offer patient financing?
Other keywords used to find this page:
El Paso Tattoo Removal ,
El Paso Laser Tattoo Removal ,
El Paso Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL) ,
El Paso Excision ,
El Paso Dermabrasion ,
Texas Tattoo Removal